What to visit, vacationing in Kalyazin:
Almost 60% of the ancient city was flooded during the construction of the Uglich hydro-power station. Few buildings survived, and it is difficult to imagine a prosperous city on the banks of the Volga. What is left: the Ascension and Vvedenskaya churches, the house of the Obukhov brothers, the Semenovs 'house of merchants, the Ryzhkov merchants' house, the Polejaevs 'house, the merchants' houses of Korovin, the mechanic-technical school building, the former district school building and few more buildings. Most of the buildings are located on the street of Karl Marx.
The bell-tower of St. Nicholas Cathedral
The bell tower is the only building left of the cathedral of Nicholas the Wonderworker, which was flooded during the construction of the Uglich hydro-power station station. For a long time, most of the bell tower was under water, but a few years ago the bell-tower "came to the dry land."

Nowadays, the tall five-tiered bell tower, one of the symbols of Kalyazin and the of the whole Volga, marks the place where once there was a high bank of the river on which the commercial area was noisy and dispersed in different directions of the road.
Chapel of Makarios of Kalyazinsky
The Chapel of Makarios Kalyazinsky was built in our days on the site of the fenced-off foundation of the Troitsky Kalyazinsky Makariyev Monastery, which was left after the destruction of the foundation of the south-western tower during the construction of the hydroelectric power station. The monastery was on the left bank of the Volga, and now it is an uninhabited island, popularly called "Monastyrsky". You can get to the island by water transport - local residents offer to ride by boat to a flooded city.
Kalyazin Radio Astronomy Observatory
The main instrument of the observatory is the radio telescope TNA-1500, whose dome rises over the forests and is clearly visible from many places. The antenna of the radio telescope is 64 meters in diameter and weights 800 tons. The main function of the observatory is fundamental astronomical research.
Brokeback Bridge
The automobile-railway bridge over the river Zhabnya, nicknamed "humpbacked" by the people, is noticeable from afar with its characteristic arches of load-bearing structures, for which he received his nickname. The railway bridge was built in the beginning of the 20th century, it is interesting that during the construction the rails, smelted at the Demidov steel mills as early as 1884, were used. Automobile part of the bridge appeared later.