Avraamiev Gorodetsky Monastery
The Holy Protection Church of the Avraamiev-Gorodets Monastery on the shore of Chukhlom Lake was founded in the second half of the 14th century by one of the most outstanding disciples of St. Sergius of Radonezh, the Monk Abraham Galich and Chukhlomsky.
In 1918 the monastery was deprived of the right of a legal entity, and in 1929 it was finally closed. Archimandrite Serapion and the brothers were shot. In September 1970-1975 there was a partial restoration of buildings. In 1992 the monastery was officially revived.