Astashovo - a place secluded: to the nearest village 8 kilometers. Walking around, it is easy to meet an elk or a wild boar, to see bear tracks or to pick up wood grouses from bushes.
In addition to the wonderful nature, in this land there is an amazing house built at the turn of the XIX-XX centuries - Terem Martyan Sazonov - former serf, carpenter, departing laborer, contractor and philanthropist. With the construction of Terem there is a romantic story. In 1894, Sazonov, who earned a fortune in Petersburg, was widowed and returned to his native village. Here he wooed to the daughter of a deacon from the neighboring village, Elizabeth Dobrovolskaya, who was younger than Martyan for thirty years. She was given a gift as a gift and was built a tower.
Terem was built in the era of rapid development of the Galich region. Sawmills, glassworks and brickworks grew everywhere. The revolution interrupted the development of the region. The new Soviet power did not build here, but the old one was gradually being destroyed. In the estate confiscated from the Sazonov family, the kolkhoz office was located. In the sixties, desperate to wait for roads and electricity, the peasants reached the city. The area around was depopulated, and the tower was abandoned and perished.